Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Writer's Block

From what I understand about many writers, they can just sit at a computer all day and write about this or that. Some days, they can write more than others. And occasionally, they may suffer from writer's block, for who knows how long, and then bounce back and continue on. I am quite the opposite. I am most often in a state of writer's block and randomly, thoughts and extrapolations hit me and I write. Unfortunately...well, it's unfortunate for me, I'm not sure how unfortunate it is for you all, I have not recently been hit with many thoughts or extrapolations pertinent to my travel blog and thus the reason why there has been an absence and dwindling presence of blogs. I am taking a few days to travel north of Sydney to Tannum Sands and am hoping more ideas might come along. Other than that, I can say that the fashion sense in Sydney has left me completely stumped and I believe I am making Confusion, no not Confucian, my middle name, since I don't have one. Bicycles are ridden on sidewalks so forget needing to look down for dog poop, like in Argentina...most constantly turn their heads around and then dodge just in time not be taken out by none other than a bike wheel. I definitely understand, though, why people love Sydney and want to come back. I'll wait for another time to touch on Aboriginal treatment. Although, I will say that I see why Capetown reminds people of Sydney and Sydney reminds others of Capetown. Hopefully, in the future, I'll have more random thoughts about that one. Please stay tuned for more because I'm hoping a little getaway will be just the thing to bring some more ideas!

1 comment:

Alex001 said...

Hi Alex,
Your blog is just outstanding.
More adventure please! Send me a short note with your email so we can talk. Are you going to visit the Philippine Islands.? I was born there.
Your Uncle, Alex